Social Media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram etc) offers huge
potential to increase sales or fundraised income in a low cost and effective way but clear aims and a management strategy need to be set.
Sustaining a long-term social media campaign is one of the the most cost-effective ways of growing your business, but you can also use it to test the market for a new product or service or run a short term campaign to coincide with your other marketing.
Your competitors are probably already involved which means your potential social media traffic and income are being lost. If your competition is not yet involved on social media, there’s even more of a reason to get started!
Potential benefits include:
- Increased brand recognition & loyalty – the use of new channels to promote and strengthen your brand to new and existing customers or supporters.
- More opportunities to convert enquiries through increased engagement.
- Increased exposure and referrals – when people like a product or service they often share their experiences on social media. If major influencers mention you, your visibility and reach will really take off.
- Increased inbound traffic to your website from new prospects.
- Decreased marketing costs with measurable results.
- Targeting – you can find the people and organisations you wish to attract and even paid advertising through Facebook and Twitter can be relatively cheap.
- Better Search Engine Rankings. SEO is the best way to capture relevant traffic from search engines and having a strong presence on social media is becoming a vital part of online requirements for success in this area.
- Enhanced Customer Experiences. Social media is now a communication channel customers expect. If a complaint is received you can immediately address it, apologise publicly and take action to put things right. With compliments you can thank customers and recommend relevant products or services.
- Improved Customer Profiling. You gain valuable information about what your customers are interested in and how they behave and can monitor user comments to see what people really think of your business.
Social media is all about relationship building, and it tends to grow exponentially as your followers tell their friends, and their friends tell their friends, and so on.
Any potential downside is minimal due to the low outlay involved so you don’t have anything to lose by getting into social media. The amount of time and money it takes to create your profiles and start posting is usually minimal, compared to other marketing channels and when you consider the time and expense involved in constructing and maintaining a website, it seems only sensible to ensure people discover it via social media.
If you’re interested in getting started but aren’t sure where to begin, feel free to contact me on 01495687080 for a no obligation chat about how social media can make a real difference to your sales or fundraising.